STET No Limits
zo 17 mei14:00SymposiumTheater aan het Spui, Den HaagZaal 2
British theatre recently has made leaps of progression for increasing diversity in theatre. In playhouses and festival across the country there is a wide variety of performances with actors with various disabilities and catered towards disabled audiences. As a matter of policy many UK theatres now provide an inclusive programme for all with relaxed performances.
As the only fully English-language theatre in the Netherlands, STET hopes to inspire Dutch practice and performers, companies and Drama Schools into adopting more pro-active policies to include artistic work of performers of all abilities.
- 14:00 Welcome note from Elske van Holk, general director of STET The English Theatre
- 14:05 Official opening of STET NO LIMITS by Sir Peter Wilson, Ambassador to the United Kingdom in the Netherlands
- 14:15 Performance of Fix Us by BareFace Collective
- 15:00 Interval
- 15:15 Second half. Opening by Marc de Hond
- 15:20 Keynote speech from Robert Softley Gale of Birds of Paradise
- 15:40 Panel discussion with performers, activists and producers
- 16:30 Close
To make the symposium as accessible as possible we have three types of tickets available. Please feel welcome to choose whichever ticket price you feel that you can comfortably contribute. All tickets give access to the full symposium and a performance of Fix Us by Bareface Collective.